Sunday, March 25, 2012

Remembering Donna

     A little over a year ago, the world lost a wonderful woman - Dan's mom, Donna.  I was blessed to know her for a few months before pancreatic cancer took her from us, and I miss her very much.  Donna made everyone who knew her feel special and loved - almost instantly!  Shortly after I moved to Minnesota, Donna invited me to spend the weekend with her while Dan was at drill - she had found out that my birthday was coming up and didn't want me to spend it alone.  I will always treasure my memories from that weekend and the other opportunities I had to spend time with her.

     After we found out she was sick, Mike (Dan's brother) recorded her telling one of my favorite stories from Dan's childhood.  I wanted to share the video here so that those of us who knew her could remember her together.

No comments:

Post a Comment